In today’s market, gifted software engineers have the edge. The majority of companies have more IT openings than talented people to fill them. With all the options available, why should you choose ANPAC?
ANPAC supports talented and resourceful minds that have a passion for technology and creating an innovative and useful product. Collaboration and strong communication skills are key attributes to a successful career. We believe in a solid work/life balance and are committed to providing our team members with a flexible and creative work environment. We provide benefits that are both anticipated (comprehensive benefits including multiple health options and paid disability, community involvement, and a pension plan) and refreshing (37.5 hour work week, educational opportunities and tuition reimbursement, career growth paths, and a health and wellness program with an on-site coach).
Our IT Division offers the creative development opportunities you crave, along with a balance you won’t find elsewhere. You’ll have the opportunity to work with a wide scope of technology solutions, as well as learn new ones! You won’t be stuck logging endless hours of overtime, or riding the wave of technology cycles. Projects at ANPAC are steady, stable, and challenging.
A Software Engineer is needed to grow our team! This opportunity requires an engineer whose primary work will be on the mainframe platform with peripheral interaction to our open systems applications/data. In addition, depending upon experience level, you’ll be responsible for:
· Developing new, accurate, effective & efficient mainframe programs from specifications either provided to you or created by you
· Maintaining existing mainframe programs by keeping them current with changes requested either through specifications provided to you or created by you
· Accurately documenting any changes you’ve made in accordance with the company’s documentation requirements
· Communicating with the business community on any stage of the Software Development Life Cycle
· Understanding relationship between the mainframe data you will develop/maintain & the open systems applications that access/feed it
· Contributing ideas that will better help the company leverage its mainframe & open system applications/data
· Continuing your professional development by taking relevant insurance, technical and/or project management classes
· Using knowledge gained to become a ‘go to’ person for communications with business community, other IT units or IT management
To successfully fit this position, we feel you should have experience in one or more of the following areas:
· 4-year degree in computer information systems or related field or equivalent work experience
· Proficient in COBOL, JCL, CICS, DB2 and VSAM
· Knowledge of C#, SQL Server, Visual Studio on .NET framework and HTML is a plus
· Proficient in Microsoft Office tools, e.g. Excel, Word and Outlook
· Knowledge of insurance operations is a plus, but not required
Apply online at https://www10.ultirecruit.com/AME1034/JobBoard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*08081B2AAD82753D